Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's beginning to look like fall...

It's a bit chilly tonight and I finally got to wear a proper sweater. For those who don't know me, I LOVE sweaters. I tend to wear them all the time. Even though it's often chilly in my office, I tend to wear a short sleeved shirt with a sweater jacket over it. It's a bit more flexible for those times during the day when I have to go outside in the sometimes 80 or 90 degree weather. Today, though, it's cold enough outside to wear a sweater and by gosh, I'm doing just that.

This week is Applefest in La Crescent. Growing up, it was a very exciting time. Now, it's rather boring. I don't ride the rides and the games don't change much from year to year. Though last year there was a game where you could win bunnies...Kevin wisely wouldn't let me play that game last year. Mostly what Applefest symbolizes this year is how far Kevin and I have come. We were already fairly couple-y by this time last year. We went with Caitlyn and Lee and baby Savannah to the fest during the parade. It was Savannah's first trip to Minnesota. There was a bit of rain and not much to do, but we had fun. A year later, Kevin and I are engaged and Savannah is running around talking and starting potty training. This year, instead of going to the fest, Kevin and I are going to my 10 year class reunion tomorrow (Friday) night. I've got a sparkly new top and a handsome fiancee, what could possibly go wrong? It'll be an adventure, for sure, if only because we're going there together.

On the wedding front, things are slow going. We have officially nailed down our photographers, a company called Unique Touches. Exciting! The return address labels for the invitations have arrived, as well as the return address stamper that we'll be using for the Save The Dates. The Save The Dates are slotted to arrive sometime tomorrow, so in theory, we'll be sending those out in a week or so. Kevin has very generously ordered a bunch of beautiful stamps to put on them, with white roses. PRETTY! We've decided on an invitation, but we haven't ordered it yet. I need to block hotel rooms. Kevin needs to meet with caterers. Next weekend, we have appointments with two (not just one!) travel agents to discuss the honeymoon. Hopefully the travel agent will have more concrete ideas than we do. So far our idea for a honeymoon destination is "somewhere that the weather is nice, without a lot of screaming kids or really old people.". I'm sure that narrows it down. I also haven't been able to go bridesmaid dress shopping yet. EEK!

We did get to sample some AWESOME cake from DL Cakery last weekend, so that was pretty sweet. Teehee. I think we're leaning towards them for the cake, but much discussion still needs to be had.

All in all, we've got most of the big stuff nailed down, but still a lot of work to do. Just don't ask if all this is stressing me out, because then you'll get the really long version. The short answer is YES, but I'm so excited to be marrying my amazing best friend and spending the rest of my life with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment