Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Once in a blue moon...

This weekend was a rare treat for everyone, I would say. Friday night was a blue moon (much like the ballroom we're having our reception at!), which is very cool. That night, Kevin and I had dinner with not only my parents but also HIS parents! All six of us got together at Features in West Salem for fish. Kevin didn't actually have fish, but everyone else did, so it counts.

Then, of course, we changed almost all the plans we had for the weekend. I ended up staying over at Kevin's the whole weekend, sleeping on the basement couch. I love that squishy comfortable couch and it wasn't bad to sleep on, either!

Saturday morning, the four of us got up and after Kevin made us a yummy breakfast, we headed to the Twin Cities! We went to Ikea first! We shopped and had lunch there. I bought myself a Lucky Bamboo plant. Which means it's pretty and in a coil shape. After a very filling Ikea lunch, we headed over to Mall of America! It was very fun going to the Aquarium with Kevin's parents. I always love going there. I especially like the jellyfish. They are just...beautiful and majestic and weird all at once. It's hard to explain my love for them. We did a little bit of shopping at the mall as well, mostly picking specific stores to go to. I ended up getting a cute little vase for my bamboo plant AND we saw Sponge Bob and Patrick as we crossed through the Nickelodeon park. You just never know what celebrities you'll see at the Mall of America, I suppose!

Sunday, the four of us went to Kevin's church and since Kevin wasn't doing sound OR projection, he sat next to me the entire time! We got to visit with Justin (the best man) and his wife Jamie for a while after the service, which is always really nice. They can't wait for me to move to Rochester so we can spend more time together!

On Monday, Kevin and I got to spend a bit of time wedding planning after his parents left for the long trip back to Michigan. I had to head home too, which is always hard. But alas, back home I had a bunny waiting who wasn't happy that I'd taken off for the ENTIRE weekend, instead of the one day I had promised. Much head scratching will have to take place before she totally forgives me.

This weekend will be quite a bit lighter in schedule, as will next weekend. Praise the Lord for that! I love being around family and friends, as long as it is balanced by peace and quiet...and maybe chick flicks. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment