Thursday, August 30, 2012

Bridezillas!

Last night, I made the mistake of watching a few episodes of the tv show Bridezillas. I had to watch a few episodes, because the story of the particular bride I was watching continued on for several episodes. Even taking an hour off to talk to Kevin, I still had to watch another entire episode to see what happened.

This woman was completely ridiculous. She kept saying that she didn't want to get married, she didn't like anything about her groom, she wanted to cancel the wedding, that she wasn't even remotely attracted to her fiancee. He surprised her at one point by taking her ice skating, something she apparently enjoyed in the past. However, she flipped out, stating that they could break their legs and DIE in the course of this reckless behavior. After a few minutes, she got made that he wasn't very good at skating and was keeping her from going fast. Then she stormed off and again continued on the many reasons she shouldn't marry him. Even minutes before the wedding, she didn't want to go through with it. Then after the wedding, her first response was "Divorce is always an option.".

Oh. my. word. I can't imagine vowing to spend the rest of my life, good times and bad, sickness and health, with someone I couldn't stand. I can't imagine constantly throwing fits and making Kevin calm me down. Or telling Kevin repeatedly that I do not want to marry him? Not a chance. I don't know why this woman agreed to get married, but it seemed like she...well, she was a bit crazy all around.

There are very few things that I have said are my non-negotiables for the wedding. I want a big white dress. I want my uncle to do the ceremony. I want to marry Kevin. That's it. And you know what? Even if I couldn't have those other things, the important thing to me is that I love Kevin and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. The wedding day is just that: ONE day. The marriage should last a lifetime. And no, divorce is NOT an option.

In other good news, Kevin and I finally decided on our Save The Dates. We're doing magnets that come with envelopes and will arrive at Kevin's house in about 2 weeks. Very exciting!! When I saw them, I knew they were the right one. The color is excellent and actually matches Kevin's shirt in the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment