Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Wishing and Hoping and Planning and Dreaming...

As will happen many times during wedding planning (says my reassuring mother), we have had a hiccup. The photographers we (or rather I) wanted are...let's go with no longer available to photograph our wedding. Which means that we are once again in search of wedding photographers. Thankfully, Kevin is a wonderfully patient man who dealt well with my stressing out. I also attempted not to stress out too much. This stress, too, shall pass. It will all work out. I told Kevin last night that I would still want to marry him even if we didn't have any photographers at all.

Kevin also reassured me that it's a bit late to go to Vegas. Drat.

But in the theme of weddings, I heard a song I have long enjoyed on the radio this morning. I remember it from My Best Friend's Wedding. Wishing and hoping and planning and dreaming... This song really does give the worst advice EVER for a relationship. If you want true love, just do whatever he wants to do, look the way he wants you to look, and generally go along with whatever he would like. Then you'll be his. Um. No. Some of the best advice I ever heard was that if you want to be in a relationship, you should start with being in a relationship with yourself. Take yourself out on dates, do the things YOU want to do, and look your best the way you feel the most beautiful (or handsome). Knowing yourself, being confident in your own likes and dislikes, and treating yourself with respect are WAY more attractive traits than just bending to someone else's will just because they decided to take you on a date. Also, hiding who you are is essentially lying to the other person, so you're basing your entire relationship on a whole big ball of lies.

With that said, I can rest assured that I have never hid who I really am and Kevin loves me just as I am. I love him to bits just as he is, as well. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment