Monday, August 20, 2012

The first post is always the hardest...

Well, let's start with the beginning. Kevin and I got engaged on June 30th at my cousin Jenni's wedding reception. I knew it was coming eventually, but I thought it would be two weeks later on our 1 year anniversary.

Since it's now August 20th, we have been engaged for almost two months. These past weeks have been both wonderful and amazingly stressful! So far, we have gotten our date set for March 23rd, 2013. We have reserved Kevin's church, Berean Community Church in Rochester. My uncle Jerry will be performing the ceremony. We are about to put down a deposit on both our reception venue and our photographers. Also, I have all my bridesmaids picked out and asked to be a part of our celebration. Best of all, I have picked an amazing dress and it's been ordered.

That just leaves...everything else...to do. We're working on finalizing the guest lists so we can send out save the date cards. I need to work on the save the date cards also. I need to pick bridesmaid dresses. We have barely discussed the rehearsal dinner. We're starting to register. Eventually, we'll have all of this nailed down.

Besides all that wonderful planning stress, I'm also looking for a job in Rochester. Anyone know of the perfect job for me? Hopefully I can find a job in Rochester and move there. I was actually hoping to have moved already but it just hasn't worked out that way.

Ultimately, though, God is sovereign. This is something He will get us through. I'm also really glad that Kevin has been doing his part of the planning as well at trying to keep me as sane and stress-free as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment