Wednesday, August 29, 2012

You know you're in love when...

This morning I had one of those moments. You know you're in love when you wake up after a weird dream and can't wait to discuss it with the other person. This will be, I'm sure, immensely more feasible after we're married. As it stands now, we mostly talk in the evenings and the occasional text during the day. So first thing in the morning, I couldn't tell Kevin about my crazy dream in which we bought a really expensive apartment in the cities only to pay for it by selling a painting that was in the apartment (and therefore came with the apartment), basically making said really expensive apartment free. Ok, the story was much longer than that, but let's just say it was weird.

Last night, Kevin and I had a meeting over Skype with another photographer. This couple named Shem and Joy own a company called Unique Touch Photography. We're currently interested in them to do our wedding, since the last photographers fell through. We had a very good rapor with Shem and every thing seems to have gone well. Their price is actually slightly cheaper than the other photographer's PLUS we get the winter discount. Who knew the end of March still counted as winter? Shem had some really great ideas for caterers, flowers, and picture locations. He made a suggestion that more or less stole my heart, or at the very least made it flutter. He suggested that we rent out Mayowood Mansion for an hour or two and do our pictures there. YES PLEASE! If Kevin and I had been in the same room, I would have batted my eyelashes, gave a winning smile and hugged him. He would have gotten the idea. I think even over skype he knew that the suggestion was sort of like a fairytale dream come true.

The biggest question mark for signing the photographer is time. We basically need 2 and a half hours AFTER the wedding for photography, since we don't want to see each other before the wedding. (Not changing my mind!) What do we do with our guests for almost 3 hours? Send them to a movie? Send them back to their hotel rooms? Set out board games? Somehow I don't think a jenga tournament is in the future. Although a Euchre tournament...that I could see.

No comments:

Post a Comment