Friday, August 24, 2012

I feel so blessed!

My immediate family and my close friends have all heard this more than a few times, but I just feel so blessed by God. If you had told me a few years ago that I would meet a wonderful man and start dating him, I would have said "I wish!". If you had told me that he would be so perfect for me and we'd be an excellent match, I wouldn't have believed you. If you told me he would propose, buying me a ring more beautiful than I would imagine, I would have shook my head. If you told me that I would soon be moving to Rochester, planning a wedding to my best friend, that my bunny would adore him, and that he would treat me like a princess...I don't know what I would have said or done. Because really, all of this is beyond my imagination. To think that in less than 7 months, we'll be married. How exciting! That in a year or two, we'll be trying to have kids! Incredible! He already owns his own house, so we don't have to worry about apartments or trying to buy a house, or worrying that my credit would make things difficult. Nope.

Yesterday, it was 90 degrees and it was especially hot in my room. I texted Kevin and I asked him to guess where I would be, if I could be almost anywhere, right then. He didn't guess right but I think he liked my answer. I would have chosen to be in his basement, cuddling with him on the couch we bought together. It's so cool and refreshing down there, and if I got too chilly, Kevin would keep me warm.

Sometimes, I still marvel at how wonderfully this has worked out. I can't question it, because it is so clearly God at work. God brought Kevin into my life. And I am so very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment