Monday, October 29, 2012

21 Weeks! 145 days!!

Kevin and I had an amazing weekend this weekend. Why amazing, you ask? Because it was almost completely stress free! And light on wedding planning.

Kevin came over at lunch time on Saturday and we went and had lunch together, always nice. Then we ran over to Dollar Tree and Walmart, to purchase some vases for a craft I saw on Pinterest. The idea was that if this craft was successful, we could use it in our centerpieces. Let's just say that the results were...less than successful. Or laughably horrible. But, it was fun attempting and I might give it one more go before I totally give up on it.

The rest of our time together, we sat and talked. We held hands and kissed a bit. We watched the end of 50 First Dates with my parents and then watched a couple episodes of the West Wing. We played dominoes and then had a domino fight. Then we put all the dominoes away and then I dumped the entire box on him, so the fight started anew. We were laughing our butts off the whole time. The bunny looked on with disdain, as clearly we should be petting and scratching her, as well as stacking up her blocks for her to knock down.

I love seeing Kevin and Clover interact. She was especially playful on Saturday night and kept coming over to have Kevin scratch her. It was so cute and it warms my heart to see them liking each other. She is really starting to accept him as one of her humans. Yay! She just might keep him.

Actually, all that fun couple plus Clover time gave me a good idea for a photograph, so I might work on that later. Maybe.

As for wedding stuff! After giving my mom the information on florists that had been recommended to me, she found my perfect bouquet. Like it is so me, it should be called "Katie's bouquet". She also found boutonnieres that match. Basically, 2 hours after I gave her the information, she had most of the flowers picked out and within budget. Very efficient. She clearly is excited to help out with whatever task I give her next. She also wants us to start thinking about favors.

Kevin, Caitlyn (the matron of honour), and I have spent quite a bit of time lately on the MUSIC for the wedding. We seem to have the processional down, and we got the PERFECT song for the father/daughter dance. After that, we're still working on fitting the puzzle pieces together. Nothing is set in stone. I've been looking into bridesmaid's jewelry with my sister Christi. The jewelry will be the gift to the bridesmaids, in thanks for being a part of our special day.

After making a very important decision on cloth napkins (very. important.), we still need to work out appetizers. And favors. And maybe beverages. At least we don't have to worry about alcohol because there won't be any. :-D

I am still on the hunt for bridal shoes, but now I am also looking around for bridal jewelry. I need to start trying up-dos soon also. I need to get ahold of my lovely personal attendant Michelle, I'm sure she'd love to be a part of that!

I feel like I'm forgetting something big that we've either decided or are discussing. The biggest thing right now (and be praying for us!) is that we are starting Pre-Marital Counseling this weekend! That's right. Sunday afternoon at Kevin's church with Pastor Nathan. I'm a tiny bit nervous. We're supposed to do this test that kind of shows how compatible we are. I asked what would happen if it said we weren't very compatible and Kevin joked that Pastor Nathan would suggest we call off the wedding. Somehow, I didn't find that funny nor reassuring.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again.

No comments:

Post a Comment